Centro Politiche Europee is the new unit of the "Centres for European Policy Network", a European policy think tank operating in Germany since 2005 and in France since 2019. We analyse EU policy and policymaking from an economic and legal perspective and are currently looking for a:
"Policy Analyst" with a background in economics
He/she will be working on issues in the area of regulatory policy.
Place of work: Rome
Probable starting date: February 2021
- Master's Degree in Economics (Not Political Science)
- Familiarity with EU policymaking and/or EU law, preferably with a period of internship or collaboration in an EU institution
- Italian mother tongue or equivalent level. Excellent written and spoken English (C2). Knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage.
- Ability to present complex arguments in a comprehensible and readable format.
Previous publications relating to the economic analysis of various regulatory issues will be given special consideration.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary environment
- Willingness to travel
- Draft policy briefs on current European regulatory projects in an interdisciplinary team of economists and lawyers
- Follow up on European legislative dossiers
- Contribute to externally commissioned research projects on EU policies
- Establish and maintain contacts with European and Italian policymakers, business, media and other strategic actors/organisations.
- A professional but informal and cooperative working environment
- Responsibility, feedback and the chance to work on current issues of economic regulation
- The successful candidate will initially be engaged for a period of 6 months and may be offered an open-ended contract, subject to his/her performance and achievements.
Application and deadline
Applications (covering letter and CV) should be sent by email to Dr. Stefano Milia (milia(at)cep.eu), with “Vacancy ECON-ROMA-2-2021” in the subject line, by 17 January 2021.
Please note: only short-listed candidates will be contacted after the deadline.
Centro Politiche Europee
Via Giambattista Vico, 1 | I-00196 Roma